Team: Bus Development
Location: Wymondham based – UK Travel to client sites as required
Working Hours/Pattern: 8:00 – 16:30 (Mon to Fri) + Overtime & some Weekends
Reports to: Vehicle Delivery Manager
Salary Range: £30,000 to £45,000, depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Roadside Technician to join a cutting-edge power company based in Norfolk. We provide the complete solution. Not only a leader in ultra-high-performance electric motors but also complete EV drivetrains and ultra-fast power electronic systems. As well as developing proprietary technology – such as an ultra-compact, lightweight high performance spoke motor – we also offer industry-leading EV consultancy too.
The main purpose of this job is to attend client sites as required to carry out essential repair and/or maintenance of electric buses. The ability to quickly build report with the client, understand the problem at hand and deliver an on-site solution are critical skills for this role. In terms of technical skills you are required to have the knowledge and qualifications to make the electric vehicle safe to work on once you arrive at the client site.
When not out on calls with client’s time will be spent in the workshop supporting the build of electric buses so you could be working on your own or within a team of other technicians.
Maintaining a safe working environment is critical to this role together with adherence to internal Health & Safety control measures and wearing of required PPE.
- Assembling / Disassembling of vehicles, EV Motors, Gearboxes, Power electronics.
- Read technical drawings, manuals, and specifications required to complete the production task to the specified level
- Fault finding and quality checking finished work
- Frequent travel offsite to clients or suppliers as required across the UK and very occasionally on an international basis. Travel costs, meals and accommodation will be reimbursed in line with our expenses policy
- Understanding of use of diagnostic equipment to fault find
- Ability to work independently to solve problem and communicate back to engineering
- Understanding of high voltage DC systems and safe practices of work
Key Skills and Relevant Experience
- 4 years + understanding/experience of vehicle maintenance, vehicle pneumatics & hydraulics and electric systems
- Operate machinery to modify parts whilst in the workshop
- Strong planning organisational skills and highly motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, as part of a team with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of a range of hand / power tools for example: drill press, bench and hand grinders digital measuring tools, torque wrench, tap and die’s, punches, pipe benders
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy with good attention to detail.
- Proficient with MS office suite of applications specifically: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams & SharePoint.
- A self-starter requiring minimal supervision, but who obtains guidance when required but can troubleshoot using own initiative driving activities through to completion
- Understanding of Health & Safety and PPE
Application Closing Date: 22nd April 2022