Location: Snetterton, Norfolk
Working Hours/Pattern: 8:00 – 16:30 (Mon to Fri)
Reports to: Quality Manager
Salary Range: £35,000 to £41,500 depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer to join a cutting-edge power company based in Norfolk. We provide the complete solution. Not only a leader in ultra-high-performance electric motors but also complete EV drivetrains and ultra-fast power electronic systems. As well as developing proprietary technology – such as an ultra-compact, lightweight high performance spoke motor – we also offer industry-leading EV consultancy too.
The main purpose of this job is to work with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Product Management providing professional quality support to assess, correct, and maintain product and process quality using statistical tools and techniques, documented methods, and audits. Promoting a safe working environment is critical to this role together with adherence to internal Health & Safety requirements.
Tasks will be varied, and will include but not limited to:
- Data driven analytical approach for continually improving product quality and reliability. Support in delivery of product that meet the company’s quality, technical and health & safety standards, in line with both the internal and external customer satisfaction requirements.
- Working to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- QSHE Auditing across all functions in the business
- Support with delivery of quality and business KPI’s
- Support new product implementation & system development.
- Liaise with Customers and our Internal teams to fully define product quality requirements.
- Improve process/document controls at every process stage of manufacturing.
- Create quality documentation including APQP, PPAP, FAIR, 8D, ISIR and critical reports to business/Customer specifications.
- Supporting metrology activities
- Driving Total Cost of Quality including operation efficiency, rework of non-conforming material, returns and scrap.
- Formal monthly reporting, auditing monitoring, and reviewing results.
- Completing Supplier audits and appropriate development plans
- Develop relationships and knowledge of Suppliers and maintain annually update profiles.
- Support of in-house and external calibration system
Key Skills & Relevant Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an applicable Quality environment
- Professional Quality or Technical Qualification
- Good knowledge of manufacturing and associated processes
- Working knowledge of zero defects philosophy
- Demonstrate full understanding of engineering drawings and Geometrical Tolerancing
- Can evidence active promotion of best practice
- Competent with the application of Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Attention to detail and delivery targets
- Excellent application of Microsoft Office, Project and Powerpoint presentations
- Excellent team working skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date: 22nd April 2022